Discover how to take amazing street style photos with your iPhone using these tips and tricks!
Checkout this video:
Whether you’re a professional photographer or just an iPhone user who likes to take photos, you can capture great street style shots with your device. Though it can be a bit tricky to get the perfect photo, with a little practice and patience, you can end up with some amazing images.
Here are a few tips on how to capture street style photography with your iPhone:
1. Get close to your subject. One of the best ways to get great photos is to get close to your subject. This way, you can fill the frame with their outfit and really capture all the details.
2. Use the HDR feature. HDR, or high dynamic range, is a great way to get clear and vibrant photos. It’s especially helpful when taking photos of people against a bright background, like the sun. To use HDR, simply go to your iPhone’s settings and turn it on.
3. Play around with angles. Instead of just taking a photo from eye level, try getting low or high for different perspectives. Sometimes, the best shots are taken from strange angles, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
4. Take lots of photos. It’s always better to have more photos than less, so don’t be afraid to snap away. With digital cameras, there’s no need to worry about wasting film!
5. Edit your photos. Once you’ve taken some great shots, take some time to edit them using an app like Instagram or Lightroom Mobile. This way, you can really perfect your image and make it look exactly how you want it to look
The Right Gear
In order to capture great street style photos with your iPhone, you’ll need to have the right gear. Here are a few essential pieces of equipment that will help you take amazing photos:
-A solid, stable tripod. This will help you keep your camera still when taking long exposure shots.
-A good quality camera lens. This will allow you to get closer to your subject and capture more details.
-An wireless remote shutter release. This will allow you to take pictures without having to touch your iPhone, preventing blurriness.
With these essential pieces of equipment, you’ll be well on your way to capturing amazing street style photos with your iPhone!
The Right Settings
Despite what you may think, you don’t need a DSLR camera to take great street style photos. In fact, all you really need is your iPhone and these helpful tips.
First, open up the Camera app and tap on the icon in the top right corner to access the different settings. For street style photography, we recommend setting your camera to “P” mode, which stands for Program Mode. This will allow you to adjust the shutter speed, ISO, and aperture all at once.
Shutter speed is how long the camera’s sensor is exposed to light and it’s measured in seconds or fractions of a second. A faster shutter speed will result in a sharper image, but it will also require more light. For street style photography, we recommend setting your shutter speed to 1/250th of a second.
ISO measures the camera’s sensitivity to light and it’s measured in numbers such as 100, 200, 400, etc. The higher the ISO number, the more sensitive the sensor will be to light; however, this also comes with the trade-off of more grainy images. For street style photography, we recommend keeping your ISO between 400-800.
Aperture is measured in f-stops such as f/2.8 or f/5.6 and it refers to how much light is let into the camera when taking a photo. A lower f-stop number will result in a shallower depth of field (aka only part of your photo will be in focus) while a higher number will give you a greater depth of field (meaning everything will be sharp and in focus). For street style photography, we recommend setting your aperture to f/2.8 for photos with one subject or f/5.6 for group shots or photos with multiple subjects.
The Right Composition
There are a few key elements that go into making a great street style photograph, but getting the composition right is one of the most important. Let’s take a look at a few tips that will help you get the best results when you’re shooting with your iPhone.
The first thing to keep in mind is that street style photography is all about capturing candid moments. This means that you need to be quick on your feet and be able to compose your shots quickly. One of the best ways to do this is to use the “Rule of Thirds”. This rule simply states that you should imagine your frame divided into nine equal sections, and try to place your subject in one of the outer sections. This will help create visual interest and balance in your composition.
Another important element of street style photography is light. When you’re shooting candidly, you won’t always have control over the lighting conditions, so it’s important to know how to make use of whatever light you do have. If possible, try to position yourself so that your subject is backlit by the sun. This will help create a beautiful halo effect around them. Alternatively, if you’re shooting in low light conditions, look for areas where there is some natural light, such as near a window or under a street light.
Finally, don’t forget to pay attention to your surroundings and try to include interesting elements in your composition. Look for colorful wall murals or graffiti, interesting architecture, or even people walking by in the background. These elements can help add depth and dimension to your photos.
The Right Moment
Street style photography is all about capturing fashion trends in public spaces. It can be tricky to get the perfect shot, but with a little practice and some helpful tips, you can soon be taking amazing street style photos with your iPhone.
Here are some tips on how to take great street style photos with your iPhone:
1. Look for candid moments: The best street style photos are usually those that capture people unaware. To get subjects that are natural and not posed, look for candid moments. This could be people talking on the phone, walking down the street, or waiting at a bus stop.
2. Use the Burst mode: The iPhone’s Burst mode is great for street style photography as it allows you to take Rapid Fire pictures. This is perfect for when you see a great outfit but don’t have time to snap a photo before the person walks away. To use the Burst mode, simply hold down the shutter button and the iPhone will keep taking photos as long as you keep your finger on the button.
3. Get close up shots: Street style photos are all about the details so make sure you get close enough to capture them. If you’re too far away, your subject will just look like a blob of color. Zoom in or get closer to your subject to make sure you capture all the details of their outfit.
4. Edit your photos: Once you’ve taken some great street style photos, it’s time to edit them to make them look even better. There are lots of editing apps available that will help you enhance your photos and make them really stand out. Just remember not to overdo it – sometimes less is more!
The Right Subject
Street style photos are all about the subject and their outfits. Look for interesting people with unique sense of style. When you see someone with an outfit that catches your eye, approach them and ask permission to take their photo.
The Right Background
A big part of street style is the location. Picking the right background is important to make your subject stand out. Avoid shooting against busy backgrounds or areas with too much going on. Look forblank walls, textured surfaces, or interesting geometry that will add depth to your image.
You should also be aware of the light. Natural light is always best, but avoid direct sunlight, which can create harsh shadows and squinting subjects. Soft, diffused light is ideal for street style photography. When shooting indoors, look for well-lit areas near windows or doors.
The Right Angle
It is all about finding the right angle when it comes to taking street style photos with your iPhone. You want to be able to capture the subject in their environment and also show off their outfit. The best way to do this is to get down low and shoot up at them. This will give you a great angle and also allow you to show off the background behind them.
The Right Lighting
Lighting is key to great photography, no matter the subject. Street style is no different. The best time of day to photograph street style is early morning or late afternoon/early evening when the sun is lower in the sky and provides a softer light. This time of day is also when you’ll find the most people out and about. If you’re photographing indoors, look for well-lit areas near windows or doorways.
To get that classic street style look, use the Portrait mode on your iPhone. This mode blurs the background and brings your subject into focus. For best results, get close to your subject and make sure there’s enough light. If you can’t get close, use the 2x optical zoom on the iPhone 7 Plus or later.
The Right Editing
good street style photos are all about the editing. No matter how great the photo is, if it’s not edited correctly, it will never make it to your feed. A good street style photo should be bright, contrasty, and have a bit of an edge to it. There are a few ways to achieve this look, but my personal favorite is to use the VSCO app.
The VSCO app is a powerful tool that allows you to make simple edits that will transform your photos. I like to start with the ‘A6’ filter, and then make the following adjustments:
– Increase the contrast
– Slightly increase the saturation
– Increase the brightness
– Add a bit of vignetting